The past weekend was spent at an all church retreat. The good part was that it was only in Irvine so it wasn't TOO far away from home. Here are some recaps of the weekend
- On Friday, Mike and I spent the day together before heading to the retreat. It was so much fun! We went to watch The Devil Wears Prada at Downtown Disney (the nicest theater I've been to)
- Then went to watch Aladdin at DCA... very chill day. Had dinner at Islands... Happy Hour!
- For SOME reason, I've always had the impression that dorms are fully air conditioned. I didn't believe Mike when he told me that these dorms aren't. Why is it that all the dorms I've visited or remember visiting had A/C?
- The speaker was pretty cool. The one thing that I took away from his messages was that doing evangelism isn't just pounding the 4 spiritual laws on someone and having them accept Christ. It's about living out God's love and caring for them as a person and planting that seed. I use to be a lot better at RAK or just caring for people and showing love. I think it's time to get back into it. My first step towards it is to connect with God again. Being so distant from Him doesn't help me show love or invest in others
- I had a good time talking with Allen when he had to interview me for his class. It was probably the first time in a while that I was truly opened with one of the college people.
- The beds there hurt my back.
- The food was awesome for a retreat/dorm food.
- After it ended, I wanted to go to Scrapbook Oasis but didn't know where it was... so I went to in Long Beach instead and guess what? They had a 15% sale for the 4th of July!! yay!!!
- Came home... and packed my scrapbook stuff and went over to my friend Erin's place to scrap for a few hours.
- I hope today isn't going to be too hot...
My Happiness Today is...
waking up and feeling so refreshed cos I finally got good sleep in my own bed.